what I'm packing for a beach vacation!

Madewell Denim Try On Session!

 I'm in a huge denim rut right now and I just can't shake it! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE denim and have always loved wearing jeans... lately I feel like I need a refresh on some new styles, but every time I try some new styles I feel VERY so so about them. So I'm trying again... ha! Today I have some very clear winners though and I was even wanting to keep them ALL, but I won't - so I'll have some difficult decisions to make. When it comes to denim Madewell wins every time. I have some other brands that are more expensive and while I like many of them, many are just so-so (minus, Agolde, I truly love that brand for denim too). The Madewell jeans always fit the best, hold up the best in the long term and I always feel the most confident in them.

The good news is that Madewell's Black Friday deals have already launched to Icons & Stars with 30% off almost the entire site (just a few exclusions) and that same deal will lunch to the public tomorrow (is my understanding). So it's a GREAT time to buy denim since it doesn't go on sale at Madewell often. Let's take a look at some of the styles I found...

Sizing: I am between 26/27 in Madewell jeans. I have this same cut in a 26 in blue but that pair is stretchier. This black pair is a 26 but less stretch. So they are definitely more fitted, I could've gone up to the 27 but as I wore these I felt like they broke in a bit so 27 might be too big. That's clear as mud, right? All that to say I'm going to keep this size.
Thoughts: I wish these had a touch more stretch but they redeem themselves in that I think they are super flattering. They suck me in at all the right places and while they are a touch snug they started to break in as I wore them. As soon as I put them on I was like "yes" and that's always a good sign when shopping for denim.
Styled with: ribbed mock neck sweater (I'm in my usual size small), loafers

Sizing: I'm between 26/27 in Madewell jeans but usually go for 27 in skinnies.  This pair is a 27 and is super stretchy and comfortable. You can see I have the hem on the right side folded up and on the left side just left long, these would need to be professionally hemmed OR just cut at home for a raw hem (what I will probably do). You could order petite if you are on the short side but petite is 2 1/2 inches shorter and I think I only need about an 1 1/2 or 2 inches off, 2 1/2 might be too much.
Thoughts: This pair of jeans is super thick and stretchy which I just love. So flattering. The black is more of a washed black which I find attracts lint and dog hair much less than classic black jeans, so while some might not like the faded black, I actually prefer it.

Styled with: ribbed mock neck sweater (I'm in my usual size small), loafers


Sizing: I am usually between a 26 & 27 and with the stretch on these I went with the 26. They definitely run a little big. This pair is super comfy and stretchy. This pair has an 11 inch rise, so it's very high rise, but with the stretch it's not uncomfortable at all - sometimes I find super high rise jeans feel like they cut into my torso. This pair was also a little long. Just like above I cuffed where I would do a raw hem, petite is an option but sometimes is too short for me.
Thoughts: I have this pair in a lighter color from summer and love the cut, this medium blue wash is perfect for cooler months.  This high waist straight leg denim style is what is super trendy right now but this is an approachable version with all the stretch. 

Styled with: puff sleeve top (runs small, I went up a size to medium), similar mules

Sizing: Like the pair above I tried both the 26 & the 27 and went with the 26. These have slightly less stretch than the pair above and are also an 11 inch rise. I loved the frayed hems on these, but like the pairs above they were just a touch long. If I keep these I will likely chop the hem for a raw hem.
Thoughts: I like this pair but the darker pair above is probably my preference since they are stretchier. I really love the color on this pair though, so classic.

Styled with: puff sleeve top (runs small, I went up a size to medium), similar mules

Sizing: Like I mentioned before I am usually a 27 in Madewell skinny jeans and these are a 27 and fit great! A touch long like some of the others but a raw hem would be an easy fix!

Thoughts: I love this pair. I am by no means 'over' skinny jeans and these are simple and classic with lots of stretch to make them comfortable and flattering too. This is a great classic pair of skinnies!

Styled with: sweater (true to size, I am in a size small), similar mules

{codeBox}

Komentar